The safety, security and good health of our passengers and employees is our highest priority.
Since the outbreak of COVID-19, Ethiopian has been implementing all the recommendations of WHO and other Global Health & Travel, regulators. As international travel plan is interrupted due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Ethiopian is offering hassle-free travel date change and refund process.
Face Masks Required-Effective May 10,2020Travel AlertImmigration and Entry Restrictionsoperational flightEthiopia Entry requirementET CaresFAQ
Unless there is a travel restriction imposed on your travel itinerary by Ethiopian or countries you are planning to travel to/from, Ethiopian continues its operation and keeps its passengers notified for any travel readjustments. If your trip has been impacted by coronavirus, it is easy to cancel or change your flights.
Passengers whose travel date falls between 01 March – 30 November 2020 and tickets issued until October 31, 2020 are eligible to:
- One Free change is allowed for Ethiopian operational flights.
- Unlimited changes are permitted free of charge if flight has not started operation or if the flight resumption date is rescheduled By Ethiopian Airlines. If flight has started operation free change allowed only once.
- You can keep your ticket for travel until December 31,2021 (there is no need to call or email us to change the ticket, we will keep the ticket as open status for travels until December 31,2021 so that you can rebook it whenever you decide to travel). New travel dates can be any date on/before December 31, 2021 (i.e. the whole journey should be completed on or before DEC 31, 2021).
- Request non-transferable travel voucher for trips up to one year ahead.
Terms and conditions
- Any difference in airfare or applicable taxes resulting due to change on booking class & seasonality will need to be paid. .
- It is also applicable to associated tickets for excess baggage, preferred seat and business class upgrade fees paid.
- Reassigning of paid preferred seat will be done to the same seat or equivalent seat. If chosen seat or equivalent seat is not available, paid amount for the preferred seat will be refunded in the form of travel Voucher/credit note for future use.
Notwithstanding the above, Ethiopian will fully comply with any specific mandatory local law or regulation that puts a different condition, criteria or rule on air ticket refunds. Please click here to find our worldwide offices contact for further explanations and additional options
For the latest travel information, we encourage all passengers to check real-time Flight Status on our website. Furthermore, please ensure that your contact details are up to date by visiting Manage Booking page of our website so we can let you know directly if your flight is affected.
If you have booked your ticket through a travel agent, please contact your travel agent to amend your booking or exchange your ticket for a future travel.
Leave your comment